Notification

Icon
Error

12 volt accessory plug in helm?
John Wick
#1 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 4:21:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: Owner

My wife and I just picked up a super sweet 2002 289WA. The boat was amazingly well cared for by the original owner, has low hours (280) on the engines and so far we love everything about it. We found a nice spotlight in the cabin that plugs into a standard 12V socket like that found in cars, but much to my surprise there is not a socket anywhere in the helm. The only socket on the boat is in the cabin where the igloo electric cooler/heater plugs in. Am I not looking hard enough, or is normal for these boats not to have a 12V socket somewhere in the helm as a standard build item? It's not a big deal, as we can easily have one added...I just thought I would throw the question out there in case I am not looking hard enough!
Thanks!
John
John_Molfetto
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:51:19 AM(UTC)
John_Molfetto

Groups: Admin, Administrators, ForumAdministrator, Owner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
John,
Congratulations on the purchase of your Intrepid, and welcome to the Family! As you know our boats are all built to each customer’s specifications so some boats may have options that others do not. The 12v plug is not a standard feature on the helm, but is something that can be very easily added. If you decided you would like to add one you can either run it to an open accessory switch on your switch panel, or right to an open circuit on your terminal strip inside the console. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at the factory!

John Molfetto
Customer Care
727-548-1260 ext 242
John Molfetto
Fishing Team Coordinator
Intrepid Powerboats