Notification

Icon
Error

What does my 339 W/A weigh?
LMychajluk
#1 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 8:47:02 AM(UTC)

Groups: Owner
Man

Been thinking about getting a new truck. I'd like something that I can tow my 339 W/A a couple of times a year, and probably not for more than a couple hundred miles at most. More for winter storage and just in case of hurricane rather than on a regular basis. It'll also be a daily driver, so I'm also interested in decent mpg and so I'm looking at the Ford F150s w/ the EcoBoost engine. I can get the truck configured w/ a tow rating of 11,300#.

Powerboat Guide lists the 339 W/A at 5,500#. I'm guessing that's bare, no top and no engines, so I'm thinking closer to 7k# dry, around 9k# w/ gear if the tanks were full, plus around 1,250 for an aluminum trailer. Total of 10,250# worse-case scenario, and within the tow rating for the truck, IF the base weight is correct. Question is is the 5,500# accurate? Seems kind of light for a 33'+ W/A?

Anyone ever weigh thier 339?
jbrenna
#2 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 8:56:56 AM(UTC)

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Content Authors, ForumAdministrator, Owner
Man

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I would figure that the boat with fuel and gear would weigh in at somewhere between 10K & 11K pounds. You'll have to add the weight of your trailer to that. All of our boats are different so the most effective way to get a weight value would be to run it over a scale. Call me if you want to discuss. Regards,

Joe Brenna 727-548-1260 ext. 229.
LMychajluk
#3 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 10:49:58 AM(UTC)

Groups: Owner
Man

Thanks for the quick reply, Joe. I think you gave me a similar estimate a while ago via email. That would put me pretty close or even slightly over the limit of the truck I'm looking at, but I'd hate to go to a SuperDuty if I don't have to.

Problem is that I don't currently have A) a trailer for it; B) a truck that could tow it if I did (I might be able to borrow one, but not knowing for sure the spec'd weight makes me nervous to do so); and C) a lot of commercial scales in the area (that I know of....). I understand the boats are all different, with different equipment, but they're probably pretty close, and I would think the biggest weight variable would be the 300 gallons of fuel at ~7lbs / gal. I was hoping that another owner may have weighed one at some point and be able to give me a better estimate, which would also help to determine what size trailer I would need (I was thinking ~12k# tri-axle).

Where does Powerboat Guide get its weight ratings (and other specs) from?

BTW - you going to be in Annapolis this weekend? I'm thinking of taking the trip down...