Notification

Icon
Error

1990 245
fishngator
#1 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 3:03:25 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Hello, hope someone can give some advise here. I found what appears to be a very nice 1990 245 CC for sale that I'm looking at (not in person yet). Since it's proved impossible to find any reviews of that year model I was wondering what the differences are between a 1990 245 and a new 245.

And when I say differences I mean differences in the hull and performance. I know that the newer ones have a lot of amenities and comforts that the 1990s didn't. Are there differences, modifications, improvements, etc... in the hulls between the new ones and a 1990 model? Weight? Fuel tanks?

Any concerns with that year model?

I'm am familiar with Intrepid boats by reputation but not from personal experience. The one I found is in excellent cosmetic shape and has a brand new Yamaha F250, electronics, batteries and lots of other equipment.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Pensacola, FL
PH4
#2 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 8:04:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Owner

I have seen that boat and it is very nicely redone. The owner of the boat was kind enough to meet me one morning with his boat to make sure it would fit on a jet dock before I bought my Intrepid. I just restored/updated a 1996 Intrepid and am very happy with the boat and the people at Intrepid were a great help to me along the way. You can see the post of my project here http://www.thehulltruth....1996-intrepid-open.html
fishngator
#3 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 10:31:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Great looking boat. Any more info on the one I'm looking at? The seller didn't really seem that knowledgable. How's the ride on these? Is the hull any different than the current one?
gtsr100rs
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:53:39 AM(UTC)

Hi
I have a 1991 23 Open which I think is the same boat that your are talking about. It is very well made but i think it is very different from the modern 245 as it weighs only 2200 lbs bare hull weight. The new ones are much heavier. I can compare it to a Scout 23SF that I rented for a week last year. The Intrepid rides much better in the steep chop around Vineyard Sound than the scout did. There is no foward seating in mine and there is on the newer ones. Mine does not need any tab and if anything rides better with more weight in the stern. It feels much bigger than the Scout did in terms of room. The Scout had good storage in the console where there was room for a potty as well as skis, wakeboard etc. No such storage in my intrepid. Greg
cfsolutions
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:22:46 AM(UTC)

I own a 1991 Intrepid 23 open. The only issue I had with it was to replace the
main fuel tank. A great riding boat, very good in choppy seas. Barry