Notification

Icon
Error

Cobia tower/tower question for a 1998 289 open
seasquash
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 8:20:46 PM(UTC)

Groups: Owner

Proud to say I am a new owner of an oldie but goodie. I am currently looking to place a small tower on the t-top (no controls, no shade). The t-top is the extended version with vertical supports, not the angled version. It seems to have plenty of support in the area where the tower would be placed, almost as if it were designed to possibly have one. Weight would be limited to no more than 180-190 pounds. The console itself is the upgraded version, so plenty of room to step on the console and access the tower through the sunbrella. Question - any recommendations for manufacturers/fabricators of an appropriate tower?

Also looking to place a windlass in front, not a pulpit though. Any recommendations for that?

Thanks in advance. Peace out!
jbrenna
#2 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 6:36:08 AM(UTC)

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Content Authors, ForumAdministrator, Owner
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Good morning Seasquash, Thanks for using our Forum. Please let me know where your boat is so we can make appropriate recommendations for vendors who can make the additions and changes about which you inquire. Thanks & regards, Joe Brenna
seasquash
#3 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 5:28:26 PM(UTC)

Groups: Owner

Thank you, Joe. Much appreciated. The boat will be in key largo for a couple of months while some touch ups are done. Let me know who you recommend? Thank you again,
jbrenna
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2014 5:45:46 AM(UTC)

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Content Authors, ForumAdministrator, Owner
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Quality T-Tops in Tarpon Springs does that kind of work, Call Travis Meisman at (727) 942-0497, or visit his website at www.qualityttops.com You also might want to try Bluewater T-Tops in Boynton Beach. Scott's the contact there at (561) 369-0686 or visit his website at www.bluewatertowersandtops.com