Notification

Icon
Error

Bennett Trim Tabs relay module
bwight
#1 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 5:29:31 PM(UTC)
bwight

Groups: Owner

Hi Joe,

just over 6 months ago I replaced the original Bennett tab control switch with the new EIC kit. I now find the connections on the relay module have corroded and this and the blue wire will have to be replaced. My installer mounted the module in the bilge area (of my 30 ft. open) as the wires from the pump to the module limited where it is placed. I am wondering where does Intrepid place the relay module on new installations and if longer wiring is needed for the placement if not in the bilge area? I am concerned about putting a new module in the same location and having to replace it in another couple of months!!! Your advise will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Brian
jbrenna
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:12:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Content Authors, ForumAdministrator, Owner
Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hi Brian,

Thanks for using our Forum. I was at our sales office in Dania yesterday so please excuse this tardy reply to your query. We now locate the EIC module under the console, this has eliminated the corrosion problem that you describe. The people at Bennett have the harnesses necessary for a retro-fit of this sort if you decide to move the module. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Joe Brenna
jbrenna
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:12:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Content Authors, ForumAdministrator, Owner
Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hi Brian,

Thanks for using our Forum. I was at our sales office in Dania yesterday so please excuse this tardy reply to your query. We now locate the EIC module under the console, this has eliminated the corrosion problem that you describe. The people at Bennett have the harnesses necessary for a retro-fit of this sort if you decide to move the module. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Joe Brenna