Notification

Icon
Error

377WA Air Conditioner
honeybadger
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2012 9:26:43 AM(UTC)

Groups: Owner

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2001 377 WA and love that boat! Anyway, it appears that my A/C condensation pan is filling up and over flowing. I ran a snake up the drain hose from the shower sump box, but it still seems clogged and not draining properly. From looking at the A/C unit, it looks like there's a 90 pvc connection coming out of the drip pan and connecting to the hose that runs to the shower sump box. There doesn't seem to be a way to get to it without taking the whole A/C unit out. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clear the clog? It seems like such an easy thing to tackle, but has driven me crazy for the last few days.

Thanks!
honeybadger
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:30:43 AM(UTC)

Groups: Owner

Ok - problem solved. I had some work done on the boat over the winter which included the installation of a new shower sump box, float, and pump. The whole box was replaced as well. Anyway, when the new box was installed, the hoses were swapped. Meaning, the A/C drain hose was connected to the discharge side of the shower sump pump, and the overboard discharge hose was connected to a regular drain barb on the new box. So, the condensation from the A/C was flowing normally down the drain hose, but had no where to go once it hit that one way pump. It ended up filling up the drain hose and eventually backing up enough to fill the condensation pan. The whole time I was snaking the overboard discharge hose. Anyway, once I disconnected the A/C drain hose from the wrong barb on the sump box, water flowed out until the drain pan was empty.....
john_molfetto
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:03:45 AM(UTC)
john_molfetto

Groups: Admin, Administrators, ForumAdministrator, Owner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I’m glad to see you got the issue figured out. If anything like that comes up again, please feel free to give us a shout at the factory.
John Molfetto
Fishing Team Coordinator
Intrepid Powerboats